HOME> 梅西世界杯图片> 区别辨析explicit、definite、specific与express
{$vo.文章标题}
{$vo.文章标题}

区别辨析explicit、definite、specific与express

admin
996

explicit、definite、specific与express这些形容词均含“明确的”之意。

explicit : 指清楚明白,毫不含糊其辞,因而无任何理解困难。

I gave her very explicit directions how to get here.

我明确地告诉她来这儿怎么走。

She was very explicit about (= said very clearly and exactly) what she thought was wrong with the plans.

她明确地指出了计划中她认为有误的地方。

I wasn't aware that I would be paying - you certainly didn't make it explicit (= state it clearly).

我不知道我得付款——毫无疑问是你没说清楚。

definite : 指对所提到的事的范围及其细节毫无疑问,含有明确和确定界限的意味。

The date for the meeting is now definite: 5 March .

开会的日期现在已经确定了:3月5日。

She has very definite opinions.

她的意见非常明确。

We need a definite answer by tomorrow.

我们需要在明天之前得到明确的答复。

"Are you sure I'm invited too?" "Yes, Dan was very definite about it on the phone."

“你能肯定我也受到了邀请吗?”“当然,这一点丹在电话中说得很明确。”

There's been a definite improvement in your English since you came here.

从你到这儿以后你的英语确实有了进步。

specific : 强调内容明确,毫不抽象、笼统。

No specific allegations have yet been made about the prison officers' behaviour.

对于典狱官的行为,尚未作出明确的指控。

Can you be more specific about where your back hurts?

你能不能更具体一点说你的背哪里疼?

express : 语气较强,较正式,指不但清楚明确,而且含有直截了当和有力等的意思。

It is my express wish that after my death, my books be given to my old college library.

我明确表示,死后要把我的藏书捐给母校的图书馆。

The lawyer argued that the accused had gone to the victim's house with the express purpose of killing her.

律师辩道,被告到被害人家中去时,怀有很明确的杀人动机。